University Relations

**Formerly known as Off-Campus Study programs**

The Center for Community-Engaged Learning offers off-campus study programs, which are open to all students enrolled at the U of M, Twin Cities. See below to learn about these programs and everything they offer. 

National Student Exchange (NSE)

Want to study in another part of the U.S. or Canada for a year, semester, or summer? Sign up for NSE and go on exchange to another school. You can choose from more than 200 schools and hundreds of majors/minors, and you can still earn credit toward your U of M degree.


HECUA programs allows you to study off-campus in the Twin Cities area for a semester. While you do, you'll focus on key social justice issues. Choose between focusing on the environment, arts, writing, or urban studies. You can also choose to do a summer-session focused on civil rights or agriculture.

Philosophy Camp

This 4-week summer class is truly a unique experience. Students and instructors live simply and thoughtfully on peaceful Minnesota prairieland. You'll literally create the class together while you're there.